D8 Summit Charities and the Maydays staff want all participants to be able to enjoy themselves and have a good time. To promote a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, all attendees are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the enjoyment and safety of all attendees of the event.
- Avoid excessively vulgar, sexual, or mature language and subjects, or pictures/graphics depicting them.
- Let other attendees speak and avoid talking over or interrupting others.
- Avoid excessive cross-talk that is not relevant to the game being played.
- Allow other players to get the attention of the Gamemaster.
- Discourage others from using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other attendees.
- Avoid outside conversations during game play. If you must take an outside call or message, please excuse yourself from the table until it is completed.
- Aggressive behavior are grounds for immediate dismissal from the play area and the premises. Aggressive behavior includes threats of physical aggression; use of racial, gender-based, cultural, or other slurs against other attendees; harassment of attendees; or threats thereof.
- Sexual harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and are grounds for immediate dismissal from the premises. Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to: vulgar or sexual language, comments, gestures, or jokes; the display of sexually explicit objects or messages; invasion of another attendee’s personal space (e.g. inappropriate touching); derogatory commentary on a person’s looks, age, dress, linguistic tradition, religion, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, or gender identity (among others); or persistent sexual or romantic advances without the other person’s willing participation.
If you see something, say something.
- Attendees who feel unsafe due to the words or actions of others should notify their Gamemaster or the Maydays Organizers immediately.
- Gamemasters have the right to ask disruptive players to leave the table and speak with an event administrator. A refund may not be provided for this event.
- Attendees who notice disruptive or unsafe behavior may attempt to make the person exhibiting the behavior aware of their actions (if they feel safe doing so). Attendees who feel uncomfortable bringing the behavior to the attention of the person exhibiting the behavior should notify the Maydays Organizers immediately.
- You can contact the organizers on our Event Discord server in the #helpdesk channel
- You can PM any member of the Maydays staff with the Organizer/Lead Organizer role
- You can send an anonymous report via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports warranting confidentiality will be handled appropriately and information will only ever be disclosed to others on the organizer team on a need-to-know basis.
- All parties involved in a situation will be contacted to discuss the matter and the decision made will be communicated to all parties.
- Event administrators have the right to remove disruptive, aggressive, or disrespectful attendees from all D8 Summit Charities events, with no refund provided.